Fourth of July in the Northwoods
June 30, 2018
The Fourth of July celebration in the Minnesota Northwoods is anything but ordinary this year. Not only does the Bemidji Jaycees host their 74th annual Water Carnival, but Sunday, July 1st features a Hockey Day MN announcement at the Paul Bunyan Park in Bemidji. Merriam’s Midway will be open everyday, June 29-July 4, with each day featuring its own set of family-friendly activities at Paul Bunyan Park.
Friday night kicks off the festivities with a Log Rolling Demonstration, and the start of the nightly music with The Acoust Hicks. Saturday follows with a Kids Run, Kiddie Parade, Lunch & Entertainment, Bike Dig, and Bald Eagle Water Ski Show. The night finishes with music from Crosswater.
Saturday is a tough act to follow, but Sunday might have beat it. The day starts with the Hockey Day Breakfast and the Hockey Day MN 2019 Announcement. Later in the day, there will be the Boat Regatta, First City Sprints, and a Corn Feed, with music from Street Talk closing out the day.
The next two days have smaller schedules with just one event each day, plus their nightly performers. Monday includes a Color Run and performance by
Steele River. Tuesday has a
Timberworks Lumberjack Show and music by
- June 29-July 1: Leech Lake Fourth of July Pow Wow @ Veterans Memorial Grounds
- June 29-July 1: Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery @ Paul Bunyan Playhouse
- July 2: Kids at the Park @ Itasca State Park
- July 2: Music Under the Pines @ Itasca State Park
- July 4: Thrivent Financial 10K/5K Walk/Run
- July 4: Bike Parade @ Norway Beach