Vacation Rental Options in the Minnesota Northwoods
May 28, 2015
Make Your Minnesota Northwoods Vacation Unforgettable with the Perfect Vacation Rental
From fishing buddies enjoying a weekend away to multi-generational families making memories, we have a variety of vacation home rental options to fit everyone’s needs. While you may have considered vacation rental by owner, you’ll find that the Minnesota Northwoods’ many resorts in three communities offer all the amenities you’ll need for a memorable vacation. But with so many vacation rentals to choose from, how do you choose the right one for your family?
Let’s take a closer look at what makes each community, resort and cabin in Minnesota Northwoods unique, so you can pick the best one for your trip.
Minnesota Vacation Rental Communities
The Northwoods encompasses three different Minnesota vacation communities, each with its own benefits.
- Bemidji - Bemidji is the perfect choice for family fun. In addition to the traditional outdoor activities at your resort, you’ll enjoy a number of popular attractions in Bemidji, including the Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox statues, dining and shopping, the Tourist Information Center, and more.
- Blackduck - Blackduck is the place for nature lovers. In addition to being home to the largest bald eagle breeding population in the lower 48 states, Blackduck features 1.6 million acres of forest lands, over 700 lakes, and numerous trails and waterways.
- Cass Lake - Cass Lake is actually two lakes, making it a favorite of watersports fanatics and boaters who vacation here. With its weed-beds, steep drop offs and inlets, it’s also an angler’s paradise.
MN Vacation Rental Resorts
Once you've selected the best community for your vacation rental, you’ll want to select a resort within that community. You can narrow down resorts based on the features you want. Some common features include:
- Pontoon rentals
- Restaurants, bars and lounges
- Central fire pit
- Internet access
- Central whirlpool/hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Supervised children’s activities
- Swimming beach
- Jet skis permitted
- Pets permitted
Minnesota Vacation Cabins
You probably won’t spend much time inside, but you still want to make sure you rent a comfortable place to stay that has all the amenities you want. Here are some options to consider when selecting your home away from home:
- Whirlpool/hot tub in the cabin
- Handicap accessibility
- Screened porches
- Air conditioning
- Proximity to the lake
- Whether or not it is on level ground
- Luxury features, such as cathedral ceilings, huge windows with lake views, rustic log furnishings, etc.
Choosing a vacation rental in Minnesota can be daunting because the Northwoods offers so many choices. But by narrowing down the community, resort and type of cabin you’re looking for, you can easily find the best vacation rental to meet your needs. Our Cabin Resorts Directory can help by allowing you to filter resorts by the options that are important to you and your family.